The company will take all reasonable measures to ensure the safety health and welfare at work of all employees in fulfilment of its moral legal and economic responsibilities. These measures will also be aimed at protecting members of the public and other persons who may be affected by our day-to-day work activities.
It is the function of management to provide the right circumstances under which work may be carried out safely. However employees must be aware that they have a legal duty to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and for that of other people and to co-operate with the management and others in efforts made to create safe working conditions.
The company will maintain close co-operation with Clients, Suppliers, Designers, Planning Contracts Managers, Contractors, The Health and Safety Executive and Safety Advisors to ensure, so far as is reasonably practical that all Health Safety and Welfare practices and procedures are satisfactory.
All the above to be in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and all current legislation
The company will as far as is reasonably practical provide:
• A safe working environment by the design, construction, operation and maintenance of all plant, equipment and facilities.
• Safe systems of work
• Adequate instruction, information, training and supervision.
• Control of all situations likely to cause damage to property and equipment.
• Effective procedures and facilities for reporting and treatment of injuries that occur at work.
• Effective fire prevention and fire control procedures.
• Adequate facilities for consultation between management and employees representatives, as prescribed under the Safety Representatives and Safety Committees Regulations 1977 amended by The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1998 and The Health and Safety (Consultation with Employees) Regulations 1996
• Facilities for the making of such tests, examinations, samples and records as are necessary to monitor the working environment.
The overall and final responsibility for Health Safety and Welfare of the company and its personnel is vested in director.
The company is committed to continual improvement of health and safety in line with its BS OHSAS 18001 management system and as such, the companies’ performance and this policy statement will be the subject of regular reviews and amendments as often as may be appropriate.
A copy will be issued to all employees and displayed in the main and site offices.
Approved by: ANDREW GRICE